Thursday, October 28, 2010

so baffled because i am perpetually being told that i'm intimidating.
i cannot even begin to grasp this obscurity!
i've got to be the least intimidating human entity on the planet.
-i'm never mean.
-i smile back, even if you're a stranger
-sometimes i smile at strangers
-i'll help you if you have any questions with school work
-i could attempt to help you with questions concerning life
-i will define vocabulary words for you
-i will give you a list of good films, music, books etc
-i'm very patient
-i'll listen to your ranting and provide consolation.
-i'm likely shorter than you
-perhaps younger, as well
-i'll laugh, genuinely, at your worst jokes
-i do have the best feline in the cosmos, but you probably haven't met her.
-i'm pigeon toed (meaning, my feet point inward)...that should eliminate my intimidation all on its own.

...i just don't get it.
i mean, i'm quiet a lot of the time..but that shouldn't be intimidating either.
nonetheless, i receive this comment about every two weeks or so.

why am i intimidating?
and how do i correct this?

4 comments:

annaleehodges said...

First of all, (this sounds cliche and corny) but don't ever change. Unless, you know, you're some hateful bitter person then it might be healthier to change. That being said....
I should just say that not only do I find you physically attractive but your photography completely consumes me. Your art is beyond brilliant, and you have such a way with words that just reading them (let alone hearing you say them) is excruciatingly breathtaking. To actually meet you would be "intimidating" just because of the physicality of it all. "Intimidating" because I would be horribly shy and awkward around you, I'm sure. Speaking of awkward... I'm slightly hesitant to post this- but nonetheless here it is.
Also, I do not think others actually mean intimidating as the word is defined in reference to you.

Anonymous said...

I find you intimidating.
With that said, it is not you exactly- not your demeanor atleast.
I suppose that your insane talents are intimidating, making it difficult for others to feel adequate. I don't know if this is any consolation, but I don't believe that you should be too terribly alarmed or offended by such comments.
I suppose that I would phrase "You are intimidating" as "You are exceptionally and infathomably breathtaking..." or something synonomous.

Well,I think that is the only brief reply I can offer, since you unwittingly, yet magically, steal fragments of my being on almost a daily basis. Now that is intimidating.

Anonymous said...

Your pidgeon toes have nothing to do with it.
You are intimidating because you are powerful. Like an explosive. You can pull the pin and throw the grenade whenever you wish. You can aim it at whatever you like and whomever you like. You have the ability to destroy. And when you assert your power, when you do attack, the repercussions are everlasting.

zoe noelle smith said...

these words which you all have posted are unfathomable to me.
i guess it's something that's just exceedingly hard for me to grasp.. or even slightly comprehend.
i have some obscure complex woven into my psyche that causes me to never feel adequate, so your words are also hard to accept. but they mean more to me than any of you will ever know. that was BEYONDDD cliche...but truth.

wish i could be as eloquent as your above comments. i'm just so tongue tied and utterly flabbergasted.
xo.