Tuesday, May 15, 2012

i woke around 4 a.m. and the first thought that passed through my cortex was an obscure string of five words: "a cluster of vulcan ennui."
i didn't know how to make much sense of it or why it came to me, so i wrote it down and figured i'd revisit after a more thorough rest. my dream afterwards was a vision of my hair sprinkled with a delicate glittter of fire which slowly spread to everything surrounding me. that's all that happened. and when i woke again, i returned to the words. trying to dissect their meaning. the only one i did not know  definition wise was "vulcan" which is apparently the ancient roman god of fire. and as far as astronomy is concerned it's "a hypothetical planet nearest the sun whose existence was erroneously postulated to account for perturbations in mercury's orbit."
anyways, i have yet to make much sense of it. but i always find it so uncanny when these random thought strings flow into me. one of the last one's i remember was a few months ago while i was brushing my teeth stated "the king of chernobyl was four feet tall." i actually did not know what chernobyl was either, and tried to look it up as "trenoble" offering no results. but later i was speaking to my friend about this strange sentence that came to me because i thought it sounded like the start to a silly poem or something and it was absolutely baffling. but another guy heard me and chimed in with a curious interest. apparently he studied the chernobyl nuclear disaster a lot and told me all about it, including the correct spelling. it gripped me for a while. i'm always mesmerized by these happenstance thought occurrences, and figured i'd write about it since i've been up since seven and have nothing better to do in my spiraling dreary state.

No comments: