Sunday, January 29, 2012

a man stopped me in my dream. he said, drawn out heavy and shaking, "i've never seen a girl with eyes so blue." foreboding terror reverberated through me as his body froze then shattered abruptly into a pool of golden glitter. immediately, i turned. but was confronted to a world constructed only of mirrors. with my eyes holding in them the unimaginable combined depth of every sea man has come to know. i woke screaming, smashing any reflective surface i could perceive. there was blood everywhere. my heart began to lose sense of its beating. i collapsed to my death. the man entered through my door. he walked forward and began to laugh. this time his eyes were hollow and he began howling in reach for my body. he felt for my face and sliced his fingers on the glass flooded floor. it did not stop him. he grew weak, then in a final stretch plunged his trembling fingers down into my eyes. his hysterics rattled the shards against one another. in a sudden forceful scoop he gouged out my eyes. his hands rose swiftly to place them within his sockets. they suctioned with ease, but he suddenly felt himself drowning. he looked to the world for the first time, and in that same moment had too killed himself from obtaining eyes of such deep sorrow.

No comments: