Monday, March 08, 2010

i'm going to make a documentary about my grandmother. and i'm starting the planning now.
hopefully do some filming this summer.
my mom is in town today because the opening private screening of "for the sake of the song" (a documentary about anderson fair--a music venue/coffee house/artist gathering place that my grandmother founded in the 60s) the movie is happening tonight at the MFA.
well, my entire family is coming into town, but i was with her this morning.
and she was telling me about these things i never even knew about.
and every time i think about my grandmothers life--i see it in the form of a movie.
it's so surreal.
but the problem is some of the people i would want to interview the most that knew her; i.e. lightin' hopkins, john lee hooker, and others have already passed on...
but my mother was her daughter, so i have her memories of them at least.
and there are so many other influential individuals that would bring attention to the documentary.
i need to tell the world about her.

i've always had this inexplicable undying need to make a documentary.
i just never realized the perfect story was right in my blood.
this may take me over half my life to complete, but i'm beyond determined.

1 comment:

annaleehodges said...
This comment has been removed by the author.